5 Ways to Improve Indoor Air Quality in Huntley
Contrary to what many people think, indoor air quality in Huntley is a huge deal. Humid, stuffy air in your home could impact the health and happiness of your family, including your children and pets. This is especially true during the summer when hot weather reigns supreme. An AC may provide a blast of cool, refreshing air in your home, but it’s not enough to ensure a healthy home.
Fortunately, the folks at Approved Comfort are here to tell you how to ensure high indoor air quality to keep your Huntley home breathable.
Here are 5 simple ways to keep your home from becoming congested:
- Clean, Sweep, & Dust: Hey, nobody likes to do chores, but home upkeep is a necessity to ensure indoor air quality. Make sure to do periodical cleanings of all rooms to rid your home of any dust, allergens, or irritants. Use cleaning solution to eliminate potentially harmful odors proliferating through your home. This especially important if a member of your family suffers from asthma or any other condition where breathing can be impaired.
- Open a Window: Your AC can provide fresh air, but there’s no need to waste power and exhaust your AC by leaving it on 24/7. As an alternative, open a window to allow fresh air from the outdoors to circulate throughout your home. Modern AC technology may do great things for indoor air quality, but sometimes you can’t beat the refreshment upon that first breath of outdoor air.
- Turn on an Exhaust Fan: Have you ever cooked and then have your home filled with smoke and overpowering odors? If so, you probably know how it can create an potentially uncomfortable atmosphere in your home and can even set off a smoke alarm. For these situations, flip on an exhaust fan to keep fresh air circulating while you’re cooking. A ceiling fan is also helpful in keeping up indoor air quality.
- Replace AC Filters: The filters to your heating and cooling systems need to be replaced after period of extended use. The filters fight against potential contaminants from spreading throughout your home. It is especially important to change AC filters to keep cool air blasting in your home during the summer.
- Invest in a Dehumidifier: No matter the time of year, mold and mildew can buildup in your home due to excess moisture. In fact, summertime in Huntley can make the air so humid to the point where it feels like everything is bogged down by moisture. The best away to fight this is investing in dehumidifier, which will dry up the air in your home and eliminate mold and mildew that can be harmful to ingest.
Contact Approved Comfort to ask our experts what you can do to ensure proper indoor air quality in your home!