Lake in the Hills AC Compressor Repair and Replacement
If you are experiencing any of the following, your AC compressor may be failing:
- No cool air: If your AC compressor isn’t working, it can hinder the cooling process.
- Hard starts: If your AC shakes and shutters violently every time you turn it on, your compressor may be busted.
- Strange sounds: Unfamiliar rattling or banging sounds may be a sign of a failing compressor.
- Tripped circuit breaker: A malfunctioning compressor can cause your circuit breaker to trip which cuts power to your AC. If this happens frequently, there’s a good chance your compressor is failing.
Your AC compressor has the hard job of turning cool, low pressure gas into hot, high pressure gas. This is just one step in the complex multi-step cooling process, but if it fails, the entire AC unit fails.
How to Avoid AC Compressor Failure
As a rule of thumb, it’s always good to maintain and clean your air conditioner. Proper maintenance may not only prevent compressor failure, but on the whole it will keep your air conditioning unit operating at peak efficiency and design performance.
We recommend the following AC maintenance regimen:
- Frequently clean the air filter
- Ensure the air filter is properly fitted to the intake vent
- Replace filters about once every two months
Benefits of AC Compressor Repair and Replacement
- Lower energy bills
- Decreased chance of needing future repairs
- Extended equipment life
- Peace of mind
At Approved Comfort, we will troubleshoot your specific compressor problems, but also come prepared to evaluate the health of your entire system and tackle any other unexpected AC issues.
Don’t delay—get Approved Comfort on the job and let us help with all of your AC compressor problems.
Humid, stuffy air in your home could impact the health and happiness of your family, including your children and pets. This is especially true during the summer when hot weather reigns supreme. An AC may provide a blast of cool, refreshing air in your home, but it’s not enough to ensure a healthy home.
As the premier commercial AC contractor in Lake in the Hills, we always advise our clients to have their ACs tuned-up before the heat of the summer arrives. Let’s face it: Illinois summer’s can be hot and very humid. Without air conditioning, indoors can feel even warmer and stickier than outdoors!
We recently held a drawing for a FREE air conditioner from Amana with our “Big Chill Giveaway”. The lucky winner called in recently to let us know how happy he was with the AC installation performed by our technicians, and he seems to be thoroughly enjoying his brand new Amana Air Conditioner!