Lake in the Hills AC Preventative Maintenance
When it comes to AC maintenance, it pays not to procrastinate. Having your air conditioner professionally serviced now will prevent small issues from becoming major (and majorly expensive!) ones later. At Approved Comfort, we recommend annual maintenance check-ups each spring before the dog days of summer hit and your AC is working overtime.
When the mercury begins to rise, you’ll want to be running your air conditioning system day and night. And the only way to ensure it is operating at design performance is with ongoing, professional maintenance. And there is no one better at making sure your air conditioner is a finely tuned cooling machine than the tune-up team at Approved Comfort!
Our Comprehensive AC Maintenance Checklist
- Fans thoroughly inspected to ensure proper air distribution
- Freon checked for correct charge and to ensure no leaks
- Ductwork tested for leaks
- Thermostats checked and recalibrated as necessary
- Bearings and motors lubricated as needed
- Safeties and controls checked and tested as required
- Condensate drain checked for obstruction and cleared if necessary
- Contactors and relays inspected for faults
- Electrical disconnect and AC unit wiring thoroughly inspected and tested
- If applicable, humidifier operation is tested
- Internal pressures and temperatures are recorded
- Evaporator coil is checked for proper operation and cleanliness
- Air filters are cleaned or replaced as needed
- Condenser coils are inspected and power washed if dirty
- Provide an inspection report detailing irregular conditions and necessary repairs or service
AC Maintenance Benefits
- Extended equipment life: Preventative maintenance will prolong the life of your air conditioning system by reversing minor malfunctions before they have a chance to contribute to a major breakdown.
- Improved indoor air quality: Dirty components and clogged air filters can quickly make the air quality of your home turn toxic. Cleaning the internal parts of your AC will do wonders for your indoor air quality.
- Reduced energy costs: An AC with properly functioning components will operate at design efficiency. This means repairing faulty components will help you save on energy bills in the long run.
- Reduced repair costs: It will cost you less to replace a single component than it would to replace the entire unit. One of the main benefits of proper AC maintenance is being able to locate problems and repair them before they become larger issues that would require replacement.
- Reliable in-home comfort: Having your air conditioning system break down in the middle of a heat wave is something you want to avoid. The best way to keep your AC running is by conducting routine preventative maintenance.
Preventative AC maintenance is one of the smartest things you can do as a homeowner. Call Approved Comfort and get the most thorough and knowledgeable AC maintenance team on the job today!
Humid, stuffy air in your home could impact the health and happiness of your family, including your children and pets. This is especially true during the summer when hot weather reigns supreme. An AC may provide a blast of cool, refreshing air in your home, but it’s not enough to ensure a healthy home.
As the premier commercial AC contractor in Lake in the Hills, we always advise our clients to have their ACs tuned-up before the heat of the summer arrives. Let’s face it: Illinois summer’s can be hot and very humid. Without air conditioning, indoors can feel even warmer and stickier than outdoors!
We recently held a drawing for a FREE air conditioner from Amana with our “Big Chill Giveaway”. The lucky winner called in recently to let us know how happy he was with the AC installation performed by our technicians, and he seems to be thoroughly enjoying his brand new Amana Air Conditioner!