Lake in the Hills Air Quality Services
The average person spends upwards of 90% of their time indoors. And while most people are well aware of the dangers of outdoor air pollution, far less understand the threat posed by indoor air pollution.
In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency recently named indoor air pollution as one of the biggest environmental risks to public health in this country. According to that same report, the air inside many homes can be up to 100 times more polluted than the air outside.
Common Sources of Indoor Air Pollution
- Fumes from oil or gas combustion in your heating equipment
- Deteriorating or poor quality insulation
- Smoke from tobacco products
- Mold and mildew growth
- Chemicals applied to upholstered furniture and pressed-wood products
- Chemicals released by new, damp or wet carpeting
- Radon and pesticides
- Household cleaning products
Indoor Air Pollution and Health
It is unfortunate, but true, that the home—a place most people consider safe – actually exposes them to elevated levels of hazardous pollutants. Depending on the particular make-up of your indoor air, you may be exposing yourself to a whole range of health risks both short and long-term.
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat
- Trigger asthma attacks
Long-Term Effects: Prolonged exposure to contaminates in your air may pose long-term health risks for your family.
Improving Indoor Air Quality with Aprilaire Wifi Thermostat 8920W
Go beyond simple temperature management! Control humidity, air purity, and air freshness with an easy to operate touchscreen control. This universal model Wi-Fi Thermostat works with any HVAC system in your home and Approved Comfort can come and install it today!
Benefits of Aprilaire Wifi Thermostat 8920W:
- Saves you money on energy costs
- Offers event-based™ air cleaning
- Offers humidity or air freshness control options
- Control your home’s humidity
- Control your home’s air purity
- Control your home’s fresh air
- Control your home’s temperature
For more information on the Aprilaire Wifi Thermostat 8920W, check out the manual by clicking here!
How You Can Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
You can fight back against indoor air pollution with a variety of high-tech systems:
- Whole House Air Cleaners purify your air and eliminate any airborne pollutants before they have a chance to enter the home and be inhaled by its occupants
- Whole House Humidifiers distribute humidity and moisture throughout the home, decreasing overall bacteria levels and soothing asthma or allergy-prone respiratory systems
- Whole House Ventilation Systems ensure that polluted indoor air can be freely replaced with fresh outdoor air, keeping you and your family breathing easy
- Ultraviolet (UV) Lamps improve indoor air quality by destroying airborne particulate contaminants
While each of these systems will help improve the air quality of your home, the best option for you will depend on your personal preference and the unique challenges of your home.
Take a deep breath—at Approved Comfort we are indoor air quality experts and will help you choose, install, and maintain the perfect system to fill your home with clean, pure air. Call us today!
Humid, stuffy air in your home could impact the health and happiness of your family, including your children and pets. This is especially true during the summer when hot weather reigns supreme. An AC may provide a blast of cool, refreshing air in your home, but it’s not enough to ensure a healthy home.
As the premier commercial AC contractor in Lake in the Hills, we always advise our clients to have their ACs tuned-up before the heat of the summer arrives. Let’s face it: Illinois summer’s can be hot and very humid. Without air conditioning, indoors can feel even warmer and stickier than outdoors!
We recently held a drawing for a FREE air conditioner from Amana with our “Big Chill Giveaway”. The lucky winner called in recently to let us know how happy he was with the AC installation performed by our technicians, and he seems to be thoroughly enjoying his brand new Amana Air Conditioner!