Lake in the Hills Furnace Tune Ups
As the weather starts getting colder outside, it’s time to start considering how you are going to keep your home warm. If you have had the same furnace for an extensive amount of time, there is a good chance that your unit might need to be tuned up. Of course, this all depends on how your furnace is running.
Common Signs of a Furnace Needing a Tune Up
Knowing when your furnace needs to be repaired is half the battle. Listed below are a few common signs that we see that signify that a furnace needs to be tuned up sooner than later:
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If your thermostat is broken and it is unable to tell your furnace what temperature to heat to, there is a strong possibility that the unit will overheat or not heat at all. The professionals at Approved Comfort can help you with getting a new functioning thermostat!
- Air flow problems: If air is not properly circulating through the furnace, it can overheat and shut down. The fall and winter seasons could be quite expensive for you if you don’t have this problem fixed. The furnace will just continue to cycle on and off, wasting you money and also potentially putting your home at risk of danger.
- Pilot or ignition control problems
- Dirty or clogged air filters: Not only will dirty or clogged air filters cause you comfort problems, but it will also make the air in your home unsanitary. It’s suggested that the air filters be changed out every couple of months to keep temperature levels consistent and ensure your home’s air stays clean.
Benefits of a Furnace Tune Up
Despite the fact that scheduling an appointment can be a bit of a hassle, the benefits that come with getting a furnace tune up will make your time worth it. You might think furnace tune ups are procedures that manufacturers and heating system installers suggest to get some extra money from you. However, it is important to understand that furnace tune ups are often suggested for much better reasons.
Just a few of these reasons to get your furnace tuned up are as follows:
- Safety: This is perhaps the most important reason on this list. In order to produce heat, your furnace has to burn fuel. If this process does not happen as it should, then it’s possible for gas or dangerous levels of carbon monoxide to leak into your home. Don’t wait and take that chance!
- Improved energy efficiency: A furnace tune up will translate to improved cost efficiency. Needless to say, who doesn’t want that? A furnace tune up includes everything from the cleaning and inspection of the furnace burner and heat exchanger, which both help with making your unit more energy efficient.
- Reduced repairs: If you have an older furnace (especially one that hasn’t been serviced in quite some time), you may deal with a lot of repair work, which can be expensive. Getting your furnace tuned up will allow you to be informed of small problems before they turn into more serious ones that will require pricey repair work.
- Proper airflow: Restricted air flow puts can put an unnecessary strain on your furnace that can have a detrimental effect on your unit’s lifespan. Airflow issues will also result in comfort problems for you and your family.
- Time savings: Simply put, having your furnace tuned up before it is freezing outside and also before something goes wrong makes sense. You don’t want to wait around bundled up in sweaters and blankets waiting for a repairman when you can just avoid the repairs altogether with a simple tune up.
- Maintains your warranty: Most manufacturers state that their warranty becomes voided if a furnace is not regularly maintained. If down the line, you need repair or replacement work performed on your furnace, then you certainly do not want to be left without a valid warranty.
If you are in need of a furnace tune up or repair, give Approved Comfort a call today!
Humid, stuffy air in your home could impact the health and happiness of your family, including your children and pets. This is especially true during the summer when hot weather reigns supreme. An AC may provide a blast of cool, refreshing air in your home, but it’s not enough to ensure a healthy home.
As the premier commercial AC contractor in Lake in the Hills, we always advise our clients to have their ACs tuned-up before the heat of the summer arrives. Let’s face it: Illinois summer’s can be hot and very humid. Without air conditioning, indoors can feel even warmer and stickier than outdoors!
We recently held a drawing for a FREE air conditioner from Amana with our “Big Chill Giveaway”. The lucky winner called in recently to let us know how happy he was with the AC installation performed by our technicians, and he seems to be thoroughly enjoying his brand new Amana Air Conditioner!