Approved Comfort offers maintenance on all heating systems, including hot water heaters in Schaumburg. We want you to stay warm this fall and part of that is keeping your water heater maintained and ready to deliver hot water at any moment. If you think there’s some trouble afoot with your hot water heater before the seasons truly settles in, then call us and our heating experts will examine it closely to iron out any kinks!
Hot Water Heater in Schaumburg: Top 5 Tips
You don’t necessarily have to spend all of your time and money on a professional service to maintain your water heater. There are things you can do to keep your hot water heater all season long. Here are 5 tips to follow:
- Turn Down Water Temperature: Yes, having hot water during the fall is certainly a good thing, but if you’re looking to save money on energy bills, then it may be better for you to turn down the water temperature so you’re hot water heater doesn’t exhaust itself and use up more energy to heat water. This also prevents water from becoming scorching.
- Flush the Tank: The water supply in your storage tank faces a risk of sediment buildup that can make water dangerous to consume. It’s important to flush the tank every now and then to prevent sediment from ruining your water supply and ensure a healthier home for all.
- Leak Detection: The main drawback of water heaters with storage tanks is that they are more likely to experience leaks that will waste hundreds of gallons of water if you’re not properly maintaining it. Fix any minor leaks you can handle but for anything bigger, refer to a professional.
- Look for Rust or Corrosion: When rust or corrosion begins to form on your storage tank, it can spell trouble for your hot water and the overall performance of its heater. Check the vent pipes outside your water heater to for any corrosion.
- Test the Temperature-Pressure Relief Valve: Temperature regulation in your hot water heater is important, so make sure to annually test the temperature-pressure relief valve by quickly discharging it two or three times.
Contact Approved Comfort today if you want to maintain your hot water heater in Schaumburg so you can get the most out of your hot water this fall!