Safety Advice from Your Trusted Lake in the Hills Heating Service
Many fires in the home are caused by carelessness or a lack of awareness. To operate your heating equipment in the safest manner possible, keep the following five tips in mind:
- Always make sure your heating equipment is installed by professionals. That way, you can be sure everything is up to code and meets the manufacturer’s requirements.
- Have your heating system maintained and tuned up at least once a year. Regular maintenance will keep the system in good working order, which in turn will reduce the chances of fire breaking out.
- Keep anything flammable at least three feet away from heating equipment. This includes fabric, paper, furniture, plastic and chemical substances.
- Use the correct type of fuel as instructed by the manufacturer. If you don’t use the correct type of fuel, the chances of a fire increase greatly.
- Make sure your home has functioning smoke alarms. Smoke alarms will alert you as soon as there’s something wrong, so make sure to test them monthly and replace batteries when needed.
Call Your Lake in the Hills Heating Service for Installation, Maintenance and Repairs
If your heating system isn’t functioning properly or if you need to have a new one installed, call Approved Comfort, your trustworthy local heating service. We can advise you on the best kind of heating equipment for your home, taking installation costs, operation expenses and fuel-efficiency into account. We’ll also instruct you on the proper use of your heater so you can feel confident you and your family are safe. So look no further for top-notch heating service: call Approved Comfort today!