Our Schaumburg heating service is here to teach you on how to heat your home in a way that is both safe and cost-effective. With snowfall and low temperatures threatening to put a damper on your fun this season, rising costs on energy bills are the last thing you want to deal with. Our main goal is to see you equipped with heating this winter that will keep the quality of heating high and the costs of those troublesome energy bills at an all-time low!
Money-Saving Tips from Our Schaumburg Heating Service
Take control of your savings this season by following these tips on how to get great heating without wasting too much energy:
- Stock up on emergency supplies: In the event your heating system does bust this winter, stock up on sweaters, jackets, wool socks, and candles so you can continue to stay warm. Even if your heating system does work, you can still rely on warm clothing and candles to stay warm without ever having to waste energy by turning on your heating system.
- Don’t heat rooms not in use: The cold air may be harsh, but there is no need to heat all the rooms in your home all at once. For example, if you’re using the kitchen, there is no need to heat the living room if nobody is currently using it. It’s just a waste of money and
- Turn down water heater temperature: Water heaters will make up between 14 and 25 percent of your monthly heating bill and while it’s easy to take longer showers at this time of year, it’s simply not cost-efficient Turn down your water heater temperature below 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Turn down the thermostat: Your thermostat is responsible for establishing better temperature control, but did you know you can save upwards of 10 % per year on heating by simply turning down the temperature by 10 to 15 degrees overnight?
- Keep furnace clean: Your furnace will not able to work to the best of its abilities if vents remain blocked. Check your furnace filter monthly and replace or clean it when it becomes dirty to ensure lower energy costs and healthier indoor air quality.
Contact Approved Comfort today for Schaumburg heating service that will guarantee you’ll save money this winter!