Don’t let humidity ruin your home
A customer called us to say that her new hardwood flooring was buckling due to humidity in home. She said her flooring contractor told her that the humidity in her home was supposed to be between 30 and 50 percent, but was consistently at 60 percent or more. We adjusted the charge in her air conditioning unit and also changed the blower speed to decrease the humidity in the house. If you are having problems with excess humidity in your home, here are some steps you can take:
- Run your kitchen and bathroom ventilation fans any time there is excess humidity. For example, run the bathroom fan for about 15 minutes after you take your shower to reduce the accumulation of moisture.
- Make sure that you empty the moisture trays in your air conditioner, refrigerator, and, if you have one, your dehumidifier on a regular basis.
- Make sure that your air conditioner drain is working properly.
- If you have any leaks in your roof or your plumbing, have them fixed as soon as you can.
- Insulate your pipes and make sure you have the proper barriers around your windows and doors to reduce condensation.
If you try the above steps and you’re still having problems with humidity in your home, call Approved Comfort.