If you notice any of the following in addition to poor heating performance this bitter-cold February, don’t just blame the snow. Look for duct cleaning solutions with the local Lake in the Hills experts at Approved Comfort today!
- Coughing or Sneezing (Allergies Out of Season)
- Visible Dust, Dirt, or Contaminants in Ventilation
- Foul Odors with Heat or AC are On
You probably don’t think about your ductwork very often, but this could be the root of your air quality and HVAC issues. You’ll want to get this problem solved by the summertime, otherwise you’ll have the exact some problem with your A/C. But what exactly is the problem? In this blog, we’re going to discuss what can go wrong inside of your ducting and what Approved Comfort can do to help.
So what’s going on in your ventilation?
The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association) recommend that you invest in duct cleaning service when you notice health issues arising from indoor air quality. All of the following contaminants and harmful materials have been reported to commonly wind up in your ducts undetected:
- Mold Growth
- Pet Dander
- Dirt and Dust
- Insect Infestations
- Rodent Nests
- Other Irritating Particulates
Your home could have any one of these problems, and unless you took a look deep inside of your vents you’d never know!Duct cleaning service can eliminate the contaminants being distributed through your home through the ventilation and dramatically reduce your allergy symptoms or discomfort.
Duct Cleaning Solutions:
Our duct cleaning specialists’ first step is to inspect the level of build up happening in your ventilation with specialized cameras. We can determine whether pollen, dander, dust, and other contaminants have become an issue to your heating system and to the air quality in your home.
Then we use specialized duct cleaning tools to vacuum out the particulates, dust, and dirt, leaving your ductwork clean once more! There are many advantages to having clean ducting, but the two most important are as follows:
- Better Air Quality– You’ll finally be able to breathe fresh, clean air in your home again! Your forced air system has been stirring up all of those bad particles and may even be housing mold and mildew…having those materials out of your home will help you feel better and breathe easier.
- More Efficient Heat– Filters need to be routinely replaced, but the quality of your ductwork goes deeper that that. If you have partially blocked or completely obstructed ducting your forced air furnace can’t do its job! Duct cleaning can help.
So call the Approved Comfort professionals to learn more about duct cleaning, and start living better today!