Maintenance Is Key
As a part of your scheduled maintenance the boiler flue pipe inspection should be performed by your heating expert who will be able to check on the condition of all of the parts of your system.
- Accumulated dirt and grime should be removed from the surfaces of and around the boiler, including the flue pipe.
- All seals should be inspected carefully for any damage or signs of leaking.
- The boilers temperature controls should be checked and adjusted in order to provide you with the ideal temperature settings. The temperature setting should meet both your needs for comfort and your needs for efficiency.
- Your service professional should drain a bit of the water from your boiler in order to remove any accumulated sediments that could be impeding the systems overall efficiency.
- The built-in safety controls should be inspected and tested in order to ensure that your boiler meets industry safety standards.
- The water that is inside of your boiler should be tested and analyzed in order to determine the chemical levels of the water. Anti-corrosion additives may be put into the boilers water in order to avoid buildups and corrosions.
As a responsible homeowner it is important that you take advantage of your service professionals presence in your home. You should jot down a quick list of questions and concerns that you may have about your homes boiler and then approach him with the questions when he is done with the boiler flue pipe inspection.
If you are not aware of the various things to look for, and of the various things that could go wrong with your homes boiler, then it could lead to a potentially hazardous situation simply because you dont know any better.
- Discuss with your service technician the various things that you should be on the lookout for.
- Ask him what you should do if you notice any corrosion or leaking around your boilers flue pipe.
- Find out what steps you can take to prevent future problems, and also what steps you should take in the event of a leak.
Armed with the knowledge of how to take care of your homes boiler a little bit better, you should be able to rest assured that your entire system will operate smoothly until your next boiler flue pipe inspection is scheduled. Make a note on your household calendar in order to remember to schedule the next inspection.