Air Conditioner Tune-Up in Algonquin, IL
This customer’s fan motor was not working correctly, plus the compressor failed to start on a regular basis. This unit was very old and needed to be replaced, but the customer wanted us to do what we could to get it operational. In order to provide more operational life, we added a start booster to the compressor.
If your compressor fails, your air conditioner will fail and need to be replaced. As a result, you want to make sure you are on the lookout for problems so they can be addressed before they become serious. If you notice your system isn’t cooling as effectively as normal even though it stays on longer than usual, your compressor may have a loose connection.
By having an electrical inspection performed regularly, you can reduce the chances that your compressor’s motor windings will burn or develop a short. It can also lessen the risk of your compressor overheating due to an electrical fault.
Completed Furnace 30 Point Precision Cleaning and Safety Inspection in Lake in the Hills, IL
Our technician performed an inspection as part of our Approved Comfort maintenance plan that we offer to all of our customers. He found the igniter on the furnace was testing out of range, the blower capacitor was testing below rating, and the filter and humidifier water panel were also dirty. We recommended replacement of all these parts and the customer accepted. When we left, the furnace was operating as normal.
Our annual furnace maintenance programs are designed to make sure your furnace runs as it should all winter long. It’s easy to take a furnace for granted, but you need to make sure you remember to have it checked regularly. You’ll have peace of mind knowing your furnace is safe; the wiring will not be loose, your venting system will not be clogged with contaminants, and soot won’t be allowed to build up.
You’ll also realize greater efficiency because your unit won’t have to work as hard to provide warmth to your home. This can result in substantially lower energy bills throughout the winter months. The dirtier the inside of a furnace becomes, the harder it has to work. Also, a dirty furnace has a lower life span because of increased wear and tear on its parts.
Even though the time for air conditioner use has long since passed, if you’re thinking of replacing your heating system, it might be a good idea to consider doing the same for your cooling system. If they are both close in age, need constant repairs, or have just been acting a little out of the ordinary, it’s probably time they were updated. Replacing your systems will make them run more reliably and efficiently, while also making it more cost-efficient for you.
Paying for your new complete Nicor system replacement will also be cost-efficient with these rebate offers:
- Installing a high-efficiency furnace with an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) of 92% and a central air conditioner with a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) of 14.5, gets you a rebate of $700
- A high-efficiency furnace with an AFUE of 92% and a central air conditioner with a SEER of 16 receives $800 rebate
- A high-efficiency furnace with an AFUE of 95% and a central air conditioner with a SEER of 14.5 receives $800 rebate
- A high-efficiency furnace with an AFUE of 95% and a central air conditioner with a SEER of 16 receives $900 rebate
- A high-efficiency furnace with an AFUE of 97% and a central air conditioner with a SEER of 14.5 receives $900 rebate
- A high-efficiency furnace with an AFUE of 97% and a central air conditioner with a SEER of 16 receives $1,000 rebate