Whole House Air Cleaners Purify Air Before it Enters Your Living Spaces
When winter turns to spring, allergies rear their ugly head. While you can’t control the pollen outside, you can control what your family breathes inside your home. It’s time to improve your indoor air, and Approved Comfort is here to help.
But first, you might be curious as to how indoor pollution even starts.
Sources of Pollutants in Your Home
- Combustion sources like tobacco, wood, coal, kerosene, gas, or oil products
- Building furnishings and materials
- Damp or wet carpets
- Asbestos-containing insulation
- Heating and cooling systems
It’s normally pretty hard to avoid these pollutants, as at least one of the above is present in your home at all times. However, it is possible to protect yourself and your family from breathing in the contaminates these sources bring with them.
Ways to Improve Your Indoor Air
There are a few things you can do in order to better the air you and your family breathe: air filtration, air cleaners, and duct cleaning.
- Air filtration: Air filters work especially well if you are trying to rid your home of pollen, dust mites, animal dander, mold, or other particles. There are three types of filters on the market – mechanical, electronic, and ion generators. Mechanical filters are installed in your ducts if you have a central heating or cooling system. Electronic cleaners use an electrical field to trap the particles in your home. Ion generators, or charged-media filters, tend to have a higher collection efficiency.
- Air cleaners: Much like air filtration, air cleaners are installed in the ductwork of your home’s heating system. They work to clean the air before they can enter the living areas of your home. These are especially beneficial if you have anyone in your home with allergies or asthma.
- Duct cleaning: At Approved Comfort, we specialize in not just cleaning, but duct replacement too. If the pollutants get too bad, or there’s a leak in the duct, we’ll suggest replacement. However, if you would just like a regular duct cleaning we’d be happy to help. Having your air ducts cleaned out will get rid of pet dander, mold, dust, debris, pests, and other allergens that could be spreading throughout your home. It’s worth it!
For help improving your indoor air, call Approved Comfort today!