Below is a list of a few common issues that we see occurring that often lead to your heat pump failing, as well as solutions for how to go about solving them:
- Compressor Malfunction: The compressor inside of your heat pump moves refrigerant throughout your system to smoothly begin the heating or cooling process. A malfunctioning compressor may be the result of a poor electrical wiring job or other defective components. Approved Comfort will check out the malfunctioning compressor, replace any damaged components or even the entire compressor if doing so is absolutely necessary.
- Frozen Lines: If you do not stay on top of keeping your heat pump clean or allow it to take a break every so often, your lines could freeze. The professionals at Approved Comfort can determine the cause of frozen lines and take care of any repairs that need to be done, so that you are never dealt with the problem of frozen pipes again. Frozen pipe repair work generally consists of cleaning the heat pump, replacing filters or installing a new capacitor.
- Burnt Wiring: The wiring inside of your heat pump ensures that all components of the unit are running properly. Wiring can become damaged for a few different reasons, including a power surge, rodent activity, or poor installation. We will inspect all of your heat pump’s electrical connections and replace faulty or damaged wiring if need be.
- Damaged or Defective Fans: Heat pumps with damaged or defective fans will not start. Fan blades can deteriorate and the capacitor that makes the fan run can fail over time or if the fan is overused. The professionals at Approved Comfort will check to make sure that your fan is working properly and will make any necessary repairs or replacements to your heat pump’s fan, as well.
- Condenser Issues: The condenser is an important part of every heat pump unit. If your condenser ends up failing, the refrigerant will be unable to heat or cool the air that is passing through your system. From what we have seen, the most common cause of condenser failure is due to faulty wiring or filthy evaporator coils. If you choose Approved Comfort to look at your heat pump’s condenser problems, we will examine the condenser and figure out which of these things are at fault. We will then replace the condenser, fix the poor connections or clean the coils, depending on our findings.
- Faulty Blowers: Your heat pump’s blower is largely responsible for moving air into your home after it has been heated or cooled. If the blower has poor connection or a malfunctioning capacitor, you will not be on the receiving end of conditioned air. If you have a faulty blower, we will inspect it and address the replacements or repaired that need to be made to get it running again.
- Defective or Dirty Evaporator Coils: If you have dirty evaporator coils, this is a common issue that can keep the refrigerant inside of your heat pump from heating or cooling air before it is inevitably delivered into your household. We will be sure to clean your coils if need be and also be on the look out for leaks or kinks, as well.
Call Approved Comfort and get your heat pump back in working order! We’re always here to help you out!