The Importance of Routine AC Maintenance
If you do not properly maintain your AC system, not only will you have to make costly and unnecessary repairs in the future, but you could also be jeopardizing your entire unit.
Without proper maintenance, many issues may arise within your system:
- Dirty air filters and coils can cause insufficient air flow to be distributed.
- Damaged wiring or faulty electrical connections can cause intermittent or sporadic performance.
- A comprised compressor and clogged condenser, which will negatively affect the entire system.
- A faulty fan, frozen lines, leaks and deficiency in temperature control are all symptoms that a system has not received routine maintenance.
What Should Be Done During a Routine AC Tune-Up
A professionally-trained technician should provide a thorough inspection of your entire AC system, which should include searching for any wear and tear on electrical parts and ducts. The outside condenser unit should also be inspected to ensure that it is breathing properly. If not, this can eventually cause your AC system’s internal parts to overheat, which in turn, can negatively affect and damage your entire system.
The following is a full list of items you should make certain are performed during any routine air conditioning maintenance tune-up:
- Perform testing and calibration of thermostat
- Check refrigerant for proper pressure and levels
- Monitor the air conditioning start-up
- Check safety controls
- Clean and replace all air filters
- Check and clean blower components
- Confirm proper air flow is emitting from vents
- Perform inspection of electric connections and wires
- Perform calculation of volts and amps
- Perform inspection of any moving parts and lubricate, if necessary
- Clean and inspect condensate drain, evaporator coil, and condenser coil
- Compare temperature differences
- Check all circuit breakers
- Perform a visual inspection of outside unit
- Perform testing of capacitor and relays
- Perform inspection of fan belts and blades
- Perform a complete cooling cycle
Don’t sweat over breakdowns that occur to your air conditioning system. Provide routine maintenance tune-ups via Approved Comfort and keep your AC working like it should!