Increased Comfort With Decreased Energy Usage
If you are in the market for a new furnace, Approved Comfort wants to help you make your decision. There are so many different options for you to choose from, but we want to show you why spending a little extra money on a two-stage furnace will be worth it.
Benefits of Two-Stage Heating
- More energy efficient: Most two-stage furnaces can heat the home sufficiently enough on the “low heat” setting, which means that less fuel is used in the long run. This differs from a regular single stage furnace because those systems run full blast, stop, and then start over again, wasting energy.
- Better air filtration: Because these furnaces run more, air is consistently circulating through the filters. This means that more pollutants are removed, making the air you breathe in cleaner.
- Quiet operation: Combustion is what causes your furnace to make noise. Since two-stage systems run at 65-70% combustion, and not 100%, they will be quieter during operation.
- Balanced heating: That lower combustion, or capacity, means that two-stage furnaces run more consistently, providing even heat throughout your home. Temperature fluctuations are way more apparent with single stage heating systems.
- Improved humidification: Humidifiers only work when the furnace is running, so because two-stage systems run more often, more humidity will be added to your home. No more dealing with that terrible cold, winter weather that makes your skin peel and your lips chapped.
When it comes down to it, you have to really weigh these advantages over the potentially higher installation cost. In the end, you will receive more heat, better humidification, and all around increased comfort. You and your family will have a better winter with a two-stage heating system – we guarantee!
For more information on two-stage heating, if you need a repair on your current system, or you are ready to take the next step and install one, call Approved Comfort today. We’re here to keep you comfortable!